CDSS Licensing Process
- You will be required to review and understand the following documents in order to qualify for a Saskatchewan dental license.
- - Practice of Dentistry, Clinic Facilities Standard (Approved: November 29, 2017)
- - Radiation & Imaging Standard (Approved: November 27, 2017)
- - Good Character Standard (Approved: April 21, 2016)
- - Informed Consent Standard (Approved: November 10, 2017)
- - Advertising Standard (Approved: May 10, 2019)
- - Infection Prevention and Control Standard (Approved: February 13, 2019)
- - Standard Supervision of Allied Staff
- - Policy on the Ownership of a Dental Practice
- - Sedation Guidelines (Approved: Septmember 1997)
- - The CDSS Bylaws, 2010
- Regulatory Bylaws (under development)
- Administrative Bylaws (Approved: September 17, 2016)
- - The Dental Disciplines Act, 1997
II. All applicants must read and sign the Good Character Standard in order to license in Saskatchewan. Please include the signed document when you submit your application.
III. All applicants must submit a completed application form.
Original documents only. Faxed or emailed copies of the application form are not accepted.
Summer Student Practitioner Program CDSPI insurance application (to be forwarded to CDSPI, not the CDSS)
Application for Student Registration (student registration only - not licensure)
Student Registration Renewal (student registration renewal only - not licensure)
X. Incorporation Information
In December 2001, the College’s Bylaw amendments respecting incorporation were approved. The Minister of Justice at that time designated dentistry as a profession under "The Professional Corporations Act".
In order to assist our members who wish to pursue the avenue of incorporation, we are providing the required forms which will need to be accurately completed and submitted to the College office. Applications must include copies of the Articles of Incorporation and Certificate of Incorporation, along with the required fees.
Accordingly the following fees will be applicable with cheque payment payable to the CDSS:
- Initial application fee for registration as a professional corporation - $500.00
- Annual fee for professional corporation - $200.00
- Penalty for non-payment of annual fees by a professional corporation - $200.00
All members are advised to review the Bylaws which outline the legislation effecting dentists who wish to incorporate.
For more information on incorporation in Saskatchewan:
Please click the link below to download the required form:
Incorporation Schedule II Application
(Acrobat Reader required)