DIRECT RESTORATIONS: REVISITING TRUE BREAD & BUTTER DENTISTRY
About this Seminar
Dentistry continues to evolve at a rapid pace. The introduction of new technologies and new procedures has really impacted day to day dentistry. However, amidst all this, simple basic restorative dentistry continues to be the true bread and butter of most dental practices. Given that direct composite restorations represent a large part of most dental practices, it is prudent to visit what the different protocols and techniques are out there. Also, it is important to understand what new advancements exist that can help clinicians progress toward clinical excellence.
1. Discuss the importance of restorative dentistry to patient care as well as profitability.
2. Visit the importance of isolation and different techniques.
3. Review Class 2 matrix options.
4. Discuss the various restorative material options, including viscosities.
5. Tips and tricks to helping with tricky restorations.
6. Visiting the new Surefil one; self-adhesive, dual-cure hybrid composite resin.
About Volinder Dhesi
Volinder S. Dhesi is a 2003 graduate of the University of Saskatchewan. His practices are in Calgary, Alberta with his scope primarily restorative focused including comprehensive esthetics and cad/cam Dentistry.
He is both a graduate of the Kois Center as well as the Las Vegas Institute. Currently he is a Key Opinion Leader for Dentsply Sirona, as well as teaching faculty on Straumann’s Mini Residency Program.
Outside of Dentistry he spends much of his spare time with his wife of 17 years and their 3 children, He is WSET 3 certified in wine in spirits and shares his passion for both wine and dentistry on his Instagram handle @thedentalwineguy.